EZ-Roll is a new, hydraulically operated roll back system for positioning side forms on long-line beds. Side forms are installed on a track and roller system. The rollers are designed to be tip resistant providing a safe and stable working area when the bed is open. Once the bed is set-up for casting, the side forms can be easily and quickly retracted with a hydraulic power unit.
Wheel carriages install under a bed’s soffit system and can easily be installed with a new bed or can be retrofitted on existing beds.
The EZ-Roll system moves an entire side of side forms at once and opens completely in seconds – not minutes, saving time, labor and crane usage. The advantages of time and labor are significant, but not as significant as the safety advantages. The use of heavy equipment like cranes in a precast plant can be dangerous and expensive. The new EZ-Roll powered side form roll back system is the easy and safe solution for side form movement.
- Eliminates employee exposure to the hazards involved with the lifting and moving of side forms.
- Decreases production cycle times allowing increased output and increased profits. Side forms can be opened up to 5’ in less than 20 seconds.
- Reduces labor by as much as 90% on side form positioning when setting-up and stripping product.
- Eliminates the use and expense of cranes and lifts for positioning side forms.
- Provides a safe, stable, tip-resistant base for side form lines.
- Extends the life of your girder side forms by eliminating form damage due to crane movement and storage.